Monday 12 November 2012

Monday night knees up

Geddit? Haha. Official marathon training starts next week, and the countdown begins for real. Up to now I've been trying to take it easy, and get myself back on form before ramping up the miles - I've had a ton of injuries in the last year or so (which I'll totes be droning on about at a later date no doubt), the worst of which was tearing a ligament in my knee. Super painful, took ages to diagnose, and I couldn't run for months. It also used to lock up without warning, which once resulted in a rather impressive faceplant when getting out of the car outside Tesco's in Beccles. But that's a whole other story. I'm okay now, but beyond paranoid about it flaring up again, so the one thing I always ALWAYS do is elevate and ice my knees after every single run. Much to the amusement of my housemate, and the delight of the dog, who takes full advantage of any opportunity to lick my sweaty face. Gross.





No comments:

Post a Comment